The massage oils you choose to use with percussion massagers should be essential oils that target pain and inflammation. Many massage oils aren’t suitable for use with most massage devices because of their consistency and fluidity. It’s also recommended that you use massage oil for muscle pain and swelling that’s caused by intensive exercise immediately after, choose ones that have lavender, lemon, basil, and rosemary for the best results.
Pain is part of the process of getting better and stronger – especially in sports and in training. That’s why people who are serious about working out often invest in devices like percussion massagers and massage oils. You might be thinking that you’ll be better off just buying painkillers since they are cheap and readily available but the thing is, regular use of painkillers may have long-term adverse effects on your health. It might end up doing more harm than good in the long run.
Depending on which painkiller you’re using, side effects could include significant liver damage, stomach and kidney problems – or worse – a disease called “Reye’s Syndrome” that damages both the brain and liver or sometimes even, a stroke that involves bleeding in the brain. The more you take, the more your chances of getting these side-effects increases, and it’s incredibly likely that once you start taking painkillers regularly, you may end up getting a tolerance.
This means that you’ll have to take bigger and bigger doses of painkillers over time. This can lead to being addicted to pain killer medication-taking pain killer medications even if you don’t feel any pain. Plus, pain killers have been proven to cause mental health problems like depression and it also weakens your immune system.
If you decide today that all that is not worth taking the risk and you want to instead go natural, then choose massage oils. Massage oils are risk-free, without any side-effects unless you’re allergic to any of the ingredients. You may want to test your skin for allergies just to be safe, and to do this you must do the following:
- Dilute the oil with a bit of water.
- Put a bit of it on the inside of your forearm.
- Cover it with a cloth or bandage.
- Take it out after 24 hours.
If your skin gets itchy or irritated, don’t use that particular oil, opt for a different one instead. However, if nothing happens – no itching, irritation, or swelling – then it should be safe to use for other parts of your body.
By the way, use massage oils only for application on your skin – it’s not meant to be drunk. It can also be used with a diffuser or humidifier – but you should be considerate of other people or animals who will inhale it. It’s best to not use it through a diffuser if anyone in your house is sick or has allergies to any particular ingredient that your massage oils have.
There are a lot of applications for massage oils besides that but first, let’s talk about using them for percussion massagers.
Percussion Massagers and Massage Oils: the Perfect Combination
If you want to save money and time and you want a hassle-free solution to your muscle soreness and swelling, then it’s best to invest in a handheld percussion massager and a bunch of oils that you can mix and match yourself – and you can choose for yourself what would be best for you and which effects and fragrances you’d like more; I have a recommendation that has all the ingredients that you need to heal sore muscles and swelling. But before that, here’s how to use percussion massagers with massage oils (take note that it would be best not to shower before and after the massage therapy, leave a few hours of rest for your skin for more effectiveness and comfort):
- Use an appropriate amount for the area of the body. Massage gently into the skin.
- Focus on sore muscle areas & Joints
- Wipe away excess oil with a warm towel.
- Begin slowly using the percussion massager on the desired setting from the feet upwards in small circular motions.
Massage oils are the best for muscle pain – and the best part is that you don’t have to go to a masseur to get the treatment that you need for your sore muscles. Besides being often pricey – massage therapy shops are not easily accessible since you have to usually book an appointment and adjust your schedule accordingly. It’s a hassle to coordinate with people and it can also prove to be dangerous because of the pandemic.
Take massage oil aromatherapy with you to the gym, or wherever you go! No need for anyone else’s help, you can do it all on your own. And since pain is ever-present when you’re working out or training yourself up to shape – percussion massagers and massage oils should be a part of your workout essentials.
The Massage Oil That You Need
So what kind of massage oils should you look for? You can’t just pick anything, you have to choose the ones that will benefit you the most – and part of the complete experience of pain relief is that the oils should provide a comfortable feel and not disgusting, rough, or bothersome.
- First, you must look for ones that are non-sticky and non-greasy. The point of applying massage oils to your body is to give yourself relief from discomfort and pain. If the oil you purchase succeeds in relieving pain but in a way where you have something else to be uncomfortable about, then what would be the point of getting massage oils in the first place? That is why you must look for one that doesn’t feel disgusting to put on – instead it should provide comfort along with relief from pain.
- Next, the massage oil you should get should be smooth gliding, or in other words – easy to apply and put on. It must be easy to rub all over the parts that you need to put it on. Choose oils that are slick and not viscous for a more comfortable and hassle-free experience applying the oil.
Lastly, you should choose oils that are fast-absorbing. Fast absorbing means that they are easily accepted by the pores of the skin – therefore making it faster for the benefits of the massage oils to take effect. Meaning, fast-absorbing also means faster relief. Faster absorption means that the smell of the oils will dissipate faster – this is good if you’re not particularly a fan of the smell of massage oils.
The Essential Ingredients of the Perfect Massage Oil for Muscle Soreness and Swelling
With the features above included, you can be sure to have a good experience with using massage oils. In this section, you’ll know more about the different ingredients that are used for massage oils and what benefits and effects they can give you.
- Lavender. This ingredient is used in many diffuser oils but is also available in some massage oils. These are used widely because of it’s calming, aromatic fragrance. However, these are not only for creating a relaxing atmosphere – it apparently is capable of healing pain and swelling.
- Lemon. Oil extracts from this fruit also help relieve pain with the additional benefit of being able to boost your skin’s health. Lemon can kill bacteria on the surface of your skin, resulting in effective cleansing for your skin’s surface and small wounds while also preventing skin inflammation.
- Basil. There are some studies that focus on experimenting with the effects of basil on non-human subjects. The studies show that basil has some properties that are anti-cancer, anti-fungal, and antibacterial. Those are perfect for making sure that your skin is free of all harmful elements that might make your soreness or swelling even worse. Additionally, it is also proven to treat acne effectively.
- Rosemary. This one has always been used traditionally in some places as a mild pain reliever so researchers studied if this tradition had a basis and they proved this folk medicine’s effectiveness. They tested rosemary’s effect on two groups of stroke survivors, both were given acupressure massage therapy but the first group was massaged with rosemary oil, while the second was not. They found that the group with rosemary was able to experience twice the pain relief that the other group did. Furthermore, it improves blood circulation, reduces tissue inflammation leading to swelling, pain, and stiffness; it is also proven that smelling rosemary will reduce stress levels
- Almond Oil and Jojoba Extract. The combination of these ingredients is what will give your massage oils a smooth gliding feel – Almond works as a moisturizing liquid that reduces your skin’s dryness while also being quickly absorbed by your skin – therefore letting its nutrients enter your skin quickly. It is rich in vitamin A and vitamin E – which heals acne and also heals your skin’s damage from the sun.
Don’t let muscle and joint pain get in the way of living life to the fullest you can get all the essential oils mentioned above all in one! The texture is smooth and nonsticky and it’s designed to be used with ALL PERCUSSION MASSAGE GUNS especially with all. Let our paraben-free muscle relief massage oil help you release muscle and joint tension for pain relief as well as better comfort and mobility. The aromatic essential oil blend of lavender, lemon, basil, and rosemary work in harmony to calm and relax your muscles and senses. Sweet almond and jojoba moisturize and nourish skin to enhance your natural glow and soften cellulite, smooth stretch marks, and scars. Expect a revitalizing non-greasy, non-sticky, non-staining, smooth gliding, and long-lasting massage – Get Spectral Body’s Percussion Massage Oil today!